By Jeffrey B. Graham
Each bankruptcy presents a ancient history, info the current prestige of data within the box, and defines the questions wanting realization in destiny study. completely referenced, containing greater than 1,000 citations, and good documented with figures and tables, Air-Breathing Fishes is complete in its insurance and should definitely have huge charm. Researchers in vertebrate biology, paleontology, ichthyology, vertebrate evolution, average heritage, comparative body structure, anatomy and lots of different fields will locate whatever new and exciting in Air-Breathing Fishes.
- Offers a whole assessment of an enormous and immensely attention-grabbing quarter of research
- Provides a viewpoint of air-breathing fish that spans three hundred million years of vertebrate evolution
- Contains quite a few illustrations in addition to complete charts
- Provides a synoptic therapy of all of the recognized air-breathing species with vital facts on their morphological and physiological adaptations
Read Online or Download Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation PDF
Best marine biology books
This totally revised and extended variation of Sea Urchins offers a wide-ranging realizing of the biology and ecology of this key component to the world's oceans. insurance comprises copy, metabolism, endocrinology, larval ecology, development, digestion, carotenoids, affliction and meals. different chapters reflect on the ecology of person species which are of significant value ecologically and economically, together with species from Japan, New Zealand, Australia, Europe, North the US, South the United States and Africa.
Ever-increasing curiosity in oceanography and marine biology and its relevance to international environmental concerns creates a requirement for authoritative experiences summarizing the result of contemporary examine. Oceanography and Marine Biology: An Annual evaluate has spoke back this call for on the grounds that its founding via the overdue Harold Barnes greater than 40 years in the past.
This name brings to mild the discoveries and insights into the lives of many marine species made attainable during the last decade through passive acoustic recorders (PAR). Pop-ups, ARF, HARP, EAR, Bprobe, C-POD Atag, and Dtag are the acronyms of a few of the various PARs that experience replaced our knowing of ways marine animals reside and try within the ocean.
Paleontology and Neontology of Cephalopods examines details that throws new gentle at the evolution of coleoids. This booklet is a part of a multivolume paintings, The Mollusca, which makes an attempt to supply complete therapy of significant parts of molluscan study. The Mollusca is meant to serve numerous disciplines—zoology, biochemistry, body structure, and paleontology.
- Physiology of Molluscs: A Collection of Selected Reviews, Two-Volume Set
- Evolution of Primary Producers in the Sea
- An Introduction To Using GIS In Marine Biology: Supplementary Workboook Seven: An Introduction To Using QGIS (Quantum GIS)
- Thorp and Covich's Freshwater Invertebrates: Ecology and General Biology
- Australian Fish Farmer: A Practical Guide to Aquaculture
- The Aral Sea Environment (The Handbook of Environmental Chemistry)
Additional info for Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation